Friday, July 1, 2011

CD2

I wondered how I'd feel when CD1 finally came around.  Overall I'm relieved.  I had started to worry that AF was never coming back.  I had done some research and supposedly the average return of cycles when breastfeeding is 14 months...  But I've just been pumping since S stopped nursing at 6 months and most of the people that I know who are truly exclusively breastfeeding have gotten their cycles back long before 1 year.

I still can't believe that prior to yesterday my LMP was 7/21/09!  For someone who had heavy, painful periods every 21-32 days for 27 years straight it was pretty weird to go 23 months and 9 days between cycles.

I'm tired today but not in pain...  What a blessing!  I'm still not used to this painless period thing since this is only my 3rd period since surgery.  It's so weird.  It's funny as I keep realizing that I'm super tense and relaxing to find no pain.  I think I'm just so used to period pain that I tense up without thinking about it and then I have to seriously remind myself that I'm healthier now.  There is a feeling of fullness and some twinges of something going on but still NO PAIN!  Unfortunately I am not pain free...  I just don't have period related pain...  But I'll take it!

There is so much else to say but I have to get ready for a trip to the coast tomorrow.  This will be S's first trip to the coast.  I'm really looking forward to being down there but prepping for the trip I could do without.

I pray each and everyone of you has a very blessed 4th of July!
C.C.

P.S.  Happy Canada Day JB!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Now that's a long time between periods!

    I hope you have a great 4th of July weekend!!! Have a fun trip to the coast!

    ReplyDelete