Monday, February 13, 2012

Signs and a prayer request

Three years ago tonight there was so much excitement in this house.  We weren't sure what was going to happen and we didn't really understand what the sign we had just received meant but we were sure of one thing...  we knew God had just sent us a big sign.

Let me back up just a bit.  So I first heard Dr. Y's name on The Abundant Life's show that aired the week of February 4, 2009.  Dr. Y's name isn't spelled how I expected it to be so it took me about a week to find the correct spelling and therefore find anything about him.  In the meantime I had found a good amount about Dr. S who was also recommended in the show and of course I already knew about Dr. Hilgers.

So right around the 12th or 13th, I sat E down to show him the information I had found so far on Dr. Y, Dr. S and Dr. H.  We started praying that night that God would lead us to the doctor God intended.  I ASSUMED it would be Dr. H!  I say that partly because my first boyfriend and my first true love was living in Omaha by then and I had this idea of introducing him to my husband and him introducing me to his wife...  blah blah blah...  dumb idea but still that's what I thought was coming.  I also thought with Dr. H's wait list that we were in for the long wait...  Boy was I ever wrong.

Back to Friday the 13th 2009, we had been praying for 24-48 hours for God to send us a sign letting us know which doctor was right.  E met with a man that day he'd not worked with before to see about helping him with a project.  E and the man hit it off and E was excited about the project.  Then just about 5:30 pm, E received an e-mail from the man heading the new project asking E if he could attend a workshop at D.uke U.niversity in less than 2 weeks!  I can't remember if E called me first or sent the e-mail to me first, but soon we were on the phone crying as Dr. Y was at D.uke at the time and we knew God had a hand in all of this.  As excited as I was, there was no way I could imagine what was to come.

So now to the present prayer request.  I've been struggling with this pregnancy quite a bit, quite frankly I struggle all the time.  I've struggled with day to day life since I was at least 12 years old.  The pregnancy with S just about did me in but I was blessed in that I didn't have a 20 month old to look after.  My midwife is really wonderful and she believes in treating symptoms not numbers.  I thought this is great, I'll finally be able to get some help.  I've been chasing what I thought to be a thyroid diagnosis since high school.  She was all set to treat my thyroid until she ran some blood work on me and my thyroid numbers were better than they've been in a while, they are always really great but this time they were much better, truly stellar numbers and ratios.  In the same blood work I hit some tickers for auto-immune.  We already knew that I had a high CRP and were struggling to make sense of that in light of no obvious infection.  Ultimately this has been a long time coming but my midwife finally said it to me when she was  here 2 weeks ago.  She thinks I have MS.  It's been in the back of my mind for a long time.  Back before I got pregnant with S I was having a great deal of trouble with my legs being numb in some spots and burning in others.  Whenever I would look into it very much, MS kept coming up.  I'm not willing to go through the tests needed to possibly confirm the diagnosis at this time.  Partly because I don't think they are safe in pregnancy and partly because I figure why go through painful tests when I'm not willing to take the immune suppressing drugs that would be prescribed if I were diagnosed.  Regardless, I'm a little down and could use some prayer.  I haven't told anyone but E, my chiropractor and my massage therapist.  I wish I could tell my family but I just don't need that drama right now.  I'm blessed that I have help with S.  Our nanny is wonderful and E fills in as needed when she's off.  I know that I'm called to offer this up and I pray for the grace to do so.

3 comments:

  1. Praying that your spirit is filled with peace, only God can do that and right now He is busy taking care of all of your needs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a big blow to be dealt, wow I can't imagine it with little ones. Definitely will remember you in prayer!

    ReplyDelete