Saturday, January 21, 2012

Happily Snowed In

We live in the desert so we don't get much snow.  When we do get snow it usually doesn't last too long on the streets.  This week has truly been the exception and even my oh so "in love with Frosty" daughter, is now wanting her life to return to some normalcy.  I have to admit that I have loved the last few days.  My husband's work has never shut down entirely in the 19 years that he's worked there.  They shut down at 11 am on Wednesday and have stayed shut down.  All the school districts have been closed the last two days.  The libraries, social services, etc have been closed.  Even the mall closed early on Thursday.  I've never seen anything like the ice we have on the roads.  The plows keep coming, trying different de-icers, sand, salt... nothing has helped the hill behind us.  We have been blessed.  I was able to do the errands that absolutely had to get done this week on Wednesday morning before it got too bad and E stopped by the store on his way home Wednesday to pick up a few things.  Since then we've just been at home, cooking, playing in the snow, taking down Christmas decorations, and having some all around wonderful family time.  It's been a wonderful staycation for us and I am truly grateful but tonight I do have a prayer request....

Please pray for all the people who depend on M.eals on W.heels here as they have not been able to deliver since Tuesday.  Please pray for those that depend on the soup kitchens that are closed.  Especially please pray for the children (and their parents) that rely on food at school.  I can't imagine the pain of knowing that S was hungry.

I am humbled at the ways that God has blessed me.  And I feel God pulling at me to do more.  Please pray for my discernment as to what that more would be.

Please also continue to pray for Amelia.  Our culture of death knows no limits.  Speaking of our culture of death, please pray for my home state where marriage may be redefined by the legislature on Monday... that is if God allows the roads to clear.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for your comment on my blog. No one likes to feel judged on their parenting choices, and it's nice to hear others have been in the same boat as us sleep-wise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love being snowed in (when I don't have to get into work). It feels like I'm stealing time.

    ReplyDelete