Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sometimes it's good to be wrong.

Remember this post?  Well, I was wrong.  Two and a half months later on the Feast of Christ the King we got this:

On the 2nd we heard the heartbeat for the first time.  It was so wonderful to hear.

Then on Saturday we announced the pregnancy at our annual Christmas Open House.  S wore this shirt after the announcement:

We're supplementing with progesterone right now and my last test was in zone 3 so I'm happy about that.  The only thing that is concerning me is that I had a dream that I had a preterm baby and yesterday I found out that my CRP is high.  My CRP was high earlier in the year and the dream about the preterm had me wondering if it was still high.  I was assuming that I didn't get pregnant with it high but now it seems like I did. I know that CRP going high in pregnancy can really raise the risk of preterm birth but I'm not sure that anyone knows if having a high CRP preconception ups the risk or not.

Oh the testosterone as far as I can tell is normal where it was for pregnancy so I stopped being concerned about that.  Although I did find some studies that spearmint tea can reduce testosterone levels so I figure that can't hurt now when I'm not trying to build a milk supply.

I hope I'm making sense.  I'm so exhausted but so grateful to have this exhaustion to complain about.  So thank you for your prayers.  Please keep praying that this baby will be able to come into the world in a gentle birth here at home.

2 comments: