Friday, September 2, 2011

F.acebook strikes again

I'm so tired of these stupid games on Fa.cebook.  This is what I got in my inbox this morning:
Ok pretty ladies, it's that time of year again, in support of breast cancer awareness!!

So we all remember last years game of writing your bra color as your status?.....or the way we like to have our handbag handy?
Remember last year so many people took part that it made national news and, the constant updating of status reminded everyone why we're doing this and helped raise awareness!!
Do NOT tell any males what the status' mean, keep them guessing!! And please copy and paste (in a message )this to all your female friends to see if we can make a bigger fuss this year than last year!!!

I did my part... now YOUR turn ! Go on ladies...and let's have all the males guessing! .. It's time to confuse the men again (not that its really that hard to do :)) Everyone knows it makes their brains work wonders on what we're talkin about!!
The idea is to choose the month you were born and the day you were born. Pass this on to the girls only and lets see how far it reaches around. The last one about the bra went round allovr the world. So you'll write... I'm (your birth month) weeks and I'm craving (your birth date)!!! as your status



Example: Feb 14th= I'm 2 weeks and craving Choclolate mints!! ;);)
January-1week

Febuary-2weeks
March-3weeks
April-4weeks
May-6weeks
June-8weeks
July-10weeks
August-12weeks
September-13weeks
October-14weeks
November-16weeks
December-18weeks
Days of the month:

1- Skittles

2- Starburst
3- Kit-Kat
4- M&M's
5- Tomatoes
6- Ice Cream
7- Dairy Milk
8- Lollipop
9- Peanut Butter Cups
10- Meat Balls
11- Twizzlers
12- Bubble Gum
13- Hershey's Kisses
14- Chocolate Mints
15- Twix
16- Cheese
17- Fudge
18- Cherry Jello
19- Banana's
20- Pickels
21- Chicken Wings
22- Skittlesb
23- Gummy Bears
24- Gummy Worms
25- Strawberry Pop Tarts
26- Starburst
27- Mini Eggs
28- Kit-Kat Chunkie
29- Double Chocolate Chip Chrunchy Cookies
30- Smarties
31- Chocolate Cake
I replied saying that it was insensitive to those living with infertility and urged people not to participate.  I didn't get into how insensitive it is to people like my aunt who wouldn't get the joke and would really think that I was pregnant.
I googled this and found a couple others that have lived through infertility saying that they were offended along with others saying that they shouldn't be offended.  What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about the spacing, blogger coding is driving me nuts and I have a poopy diaper calling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ridiculous!!! I will not be participating!

    ReplyDelete