Sunday, September 11, 2011

Weaknesses

I'm not good at hiring, firing and supervising...  So what the heck am I doing?  I guess I'm working though my weaknesses.  It's been really hard for me to take off that social worker hat from my past and remember that if they are not a good fit that I just have to move on.

The girl from Friday night that had the same last name as a blogger had a family emergency in OH and withdrew her application.  So we have 2 women who will meet S later today.  I like both of them so it comes down to who works best with S.  I'm so thankful that E will be here to get to know them and give his opinion too.

I didn't offer a second interview to the other woman from Friday.  I just sent her a note saying that I thought she'd find a better fit with another family and wishing her the best.  Now I have to write the same thing to a young woman that I interviewed yesterday....  it was by far the worst interview.  She was a couple minutes late arriving to the coffee shop, then rather than hurry in stood outside the coffee shop and had a phone conversation making her even later to the interview.  Once inside she didn't even apologize for being late but the kicker was that she was in 5" stilettos and false eyelashes...  sigh.  I kept her interview as brief a possible as I knew right away that she was not going to be a good fit with S.  I did ask a few questions to confirm though and yup, just not a good fit.  She really was a sweet girl though.  I just told her that I'd let her know if she was selected for a second interview by this evening.  I pray that she will find a family where she fits better.

One of the women that is coming for a second interview today has a NC connection.  I'm not sure how much I've written on this blog about the NC connection...  We have been getting clear signs about NC, D.urham, D.uke, and the T.riangle since the first Wednesday in February 2009.  At first it was what we used to know that we were on the right track in going to see Dr. Y at D.uke but then once surgery was over the signs never stopped.  Every time we ask God to help us understand, they get more frequent and more bizarre.  E and I laugh about it and say that we'll probably have to ask God face to face someday "What the heck was all that for?"  If all of this was just to make sure that we get the right mother's helper, then I guess that's okay.  Seems a bit overkill though. ;o)

Mass yesterday was exactly what I needed after a day of interviewing.  I felt so renewed and hopeful at the end of Mass that I almost didn't want it to end.  Even though things aren't right in Rome, we're still aiming for the old college try this cycle.  Of course that would be easier if our toddler wasn't teething right now.  Fertile signs started just before bed night before last and things still haven't worked out yet.

After Mass I was talking to a friend who's a sweet older widow.  I told her about the interviewing and she told me to ask St. Anthony for help.  I laughed and told her that S brought me a St. Anthony Novena booklet on Friday.  I have no idea where she even found it.  We both ended up having a good laugh but of course I don't believe in coincidences...  St. Anthony pray for us!

I'm also going to start this bible study on the 28th.  I've been missing being part of a bible study and I think this one is a great one for me to do now.  I've done similar studies and think this will be a great review with some new information but not so much that it's too much for now, if that makes sense.

Oh well, I have to eat something, get a shower and pick up a little before the interviews start.  Please pray that S takes a nap.

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck with your interviews! I can only imagine how difficult it must be!

    ReplyDelete