Saturday, September 24, 2011

Wasps and other bumps in the road

That title sounds ominous doesn't it...  Actually almost everything that has happened since I last updated has been good.  I'm  just in a bit of a writers block for titles. ;o)

We hired both the girls that had second interviews.  The one with the NC connection is working out fabulously as the mother's helper.  She fits better than I could have dreamed.  The other girl is getting up to speed with the housework.  I'm worried about how we are going to afford this and yet life is so much better with help that I know I just have to leave it in God's hands.

The only real drama has been yellow jackets.  Due to some unseasonably cool weather until recently and now some unseasonably warm weather we have had a really bad time with yellow jackets for about the last month.  Usually they are not an issue after labor day but I have been literally cut off from S two times in the last week.  I've decided that until we get some colder weather I'm going to try to avoid being out at mid-day when they are the worst.

E and I went to a talk by the Green Smoothie Girl last night. The diet that she encourages is different from the GAPS diet and yet the two are not as divorced as one might initially think.  We purchased her 12 Steps to Whole Foods Complete Course which I had been praying about and was discounted at the talk.  E and I are committing to working through the 12 steps over the next year and will include GAPS based diet knowledge as well, primarily in our use of bone broths which is something I don't think that Green Smoothie Girl covers. We're excited to introduce green smoothies to S as well.

This morning I hit the farmer's market to get a bunch of greens.  It really is amazing how cheaply you can get good wholesome food at the farmer's markets.  I have no idea how much three bags full of organic produce would have cost at the grocery store but it was only $26 at the farmer's market.  By next week I should have a better idea of just how much greens we will need each week.

I know I'm forgetting a bunch but I have to get ready for Mass.  Please pray that S sleeps through Mass.  She hasn't had a nap yet (not that we haven't tried - we tried hard).  So there is a possibility that if she doesn't sleep through Mass that one of us will have to sit with her in the car.

Prayer buddy during these last few days would you please pray for healing for me and my family, body mind and spirit.  And for a special intention.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment