Thursday, September 8, 2011

Speechless

So the woman from last night that was supposed to meet S tonight during her second interview called asking to have her interview earlier because she had something come up with her family.  Thank you God that I didn't have to call her.  I told her that it was probably providential as the more I thought about last night the more I thought that she would be a better fit with a family that was less attachment oriented.

Then I got a phone call from S's Godmother that made me speechless.  Although my version of speechless is to ramble on about things that don't matter...  S's Godmother is pregnant again.  I'm so happy for her and yet as I'm typing this the tears are starting to flow.  It took everything that I had in me to not burst into tears on the phone.   So there I am speechless again.

2 comments:

  1. I had a pregnancy announcement today as well. She's 40 and she just had a baby 2 years ago. When I heard the announcement I said, "She's pregnant AGAIN?" They said, "What do you mean?" So I had to clarify. Because, after all, I am pro-life. Pro having lots of children etc. But what I really wanted to say was that I can't believe she is having a third while I can't seem to have a second.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, I know... S' Godmother just had a baby 6 months ago and is pregnant again. I'm happy that she's healthy and happy for her to bring another Catholic baby in the world. I'm also happy for her son (who's my Godson) to have a sibling so close in age. It's still stings hard though.

    ReplyDelete